2019 Cycling Events COMPLETED:
2 Road Races (40k & 20k) and 2 Time Trials (10k & 5k)
Note: This page was last updated Oct 7, 2019.
FRIDAY and SATURDAY 3 RACES ARE STAGING AT TWO RIVERS PARK – 6900 TWO RIVERS PARK ROAD, LITTLE ROCK
SUNDAY’S 20K ROAD RACE IS STAGING IN LITTLE ROCK – 19800 DENNY ROAD, Little Rock, AR 72223. Parking and check-in will be on the north side of the road. Ha, the parking path to turn onto the sign says “Exit”, but go onto path, and park OFF OF THE PATH ON THE RIGHT OR LEFT SIDE OF THE PATH. On Sunday morning we will have a volunteer person on Denny Road in a yellow vest directing cars for parking.
Venue Location: in Little Rock, Arkansas in multiple locations – to be announced soon, with Strava course maps.
- 5K TT on Friday 9/20, first rider at earliest 5:15pm – http://www.strava.com/routes/21223207
- 40K RR on Saturday 9/21. first group at earliest 8:00am – http://www.strava.com/routes/15096102
- 10K TT on Saturday 9/21, first rider at earliest 3:00pm – http://www.strava.com/routes/21368295
- 20K RR on Sunday 9/22, first group at earliest 8:00am – https://www.strava.com/routes/21247321
NOTE: Arkansas Sr Olympics is proud to announce that in 2019 will be the addition of 4 NEW Cycling Divisions for both men and women:
1. Recumbent Bikes – Non-Faired
2. Recumbent Bikes – Faired
3. Recumbent Trikes – Non-Faired
4. Recumbent Trikes – Faired
….and of course all standard bikers are welcomed in all 4 races too, with separate categories for men and women and age groups (40-49, 50-54, 55-59-60-64-65-69, 70-74 …etc!!)
MORE INFO CALL GREG @ 501-321-1441
The cycling events will be held Sept 20-22, 2019.
Friday, Sept 20 = 5k TT – planned first rider off at approx 5:15pm
|Packet Pickup:||Prior to your first cycling event. Numbers will also be given out, with pins, and waivers MUST be signed in person.|
|Athlete Check-In:||Athletes may check-in 45 minutes prior each event. Onsite registration will be available, until 30 minutes prior to each race start.|
|Equipment:||Cyclists must provide their own bike equipment, and most importantly are required to wear a helmet at all times while on a bike at event location.|
|Rules:||USAC rules apply. See official at event for all specific rules.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S.A. Cycling (USAC) rules. More info : www.usacycling.org
2. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Cycling regulations. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED WHILE ON YOUR BIKE!
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and battery powered are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. Except for the 2 new categories of “Recumbent Bikes -Faired” and “Recumbent Trikes -Faired”, there may be no protective shield, fairing or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC.
5. Handlebars used for steering with ends, features, or attachments that extend forward or upward or that provide support for other than the rider’s hands (including aero bars) are permitted only in the time trial events and not in the road race events.
6. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
7. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
8. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
9. In time trial events, no rider shall pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
10. No restarts are permitted.
11. Know the course BEFORE your start all events.