2 Road Races (40k & 20k) and 2 Time Trials (10k & 5k)
Note: This page was last updated July 26, 2021.
The Arkansas Senior Olympics 2021 is a GO!
$40 EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION UNTIL AUG 31, 2021 at 11:59pm. For this fee athletes can select to compete in 1, 2, 3 or up to 4 events for this price.
From Sept 1, 2021 until the registration deadline on Oct 5, 2021 at 11:59pm the price increases and is $50.00 for up to 4 events.
Athletes can select and do more than 4 events, for an added fee of $5 for each additional event.
Questions, issues, or if you help us by volunteering, please contact Greg Eberdt at 501-321-1441.
Venue Location: – to be announced soon, with Strava course maps.
NOTE: Arkansas Sr Olympics is proud to announce that in 2021 we will once again welcome 4 Recumbent Cycling Divisions for both men and women:
….and YES, all standard bikes are welcomed in all 4 races, with separate categories for all divisions of men and women and separated in own age groups (40-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, etc.)
MORE INFO CALL GREG @ 501-321-1441
2021 cycling event locations and times are TBD, below is a possibility, and being .
Friday = 5k TT – first rider off at approx 5:15pm
|Packet Pickup:||Prior to your first cycling event. Numbers will also be given out, with pins, and waivers MUST be signed in person.|
|Athlete Check-In:||Athletes may check-in 45 minutes prior each event. Onsite registration will be available, until 30 minutes prior to each race start.|
|Equipment:||Cyclists must provide their own bike equipment, and most importantly are required to wear a helmet at all times while on a bike at event location.|
|Rules:||USAC rules apply. See official at event for all specific rules.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S.A. Cycling (USAC) rules. More info : www.usacycling.org
2. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Cycling regulations. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED WHILE ON YOUR BIKE!
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and battery powered are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. Except for the 2 new categories of “Recumbent Bikes -Faired” and “Recumbent Trikes -Faired”, there may be no protective shield, fairing or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC.
5. Handlebars used for steering with ends, features, or attachments that extend forward or upward or that provide support for other than the rider’s hands (including aero bars) are permitted only in the time trial events and not in the road race events.
6. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
7. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
8. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
9. In time trial events, no rider shall pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
10. No restarts are permitted.
11. Know the course BEFORE your start all events.