2019 Events: 2 Road Races (40k & 20k) and 2 Time Trials (10k & 5k)
Note: Last updated Aug 6, 2019. Updates posted here as we have info to report, so check back often.
***** Registration Now Open – click here *****
Registration fee for cycling is $55.00 – now through Sept 1st at 11:59pm, and racers can do 1, 2, 3, or all 4 races for this one fee.
This registration fee goes up to $60.00 between Sept 2 and Sept 17 at 11:59pm. Yes, you can also signup on race day, for $65.00.
Venue Location: in Little Rock, Arkansas in multiple locations – to be announced soon, with Strava course maps.
NOTE: Arkansas Sr Olympics is proud to announce that in 2019 will be the addition of 4 NEW Cycling Divisions for both men and women:
….and of course all standard bikers are welcomed in all 4 races too, with separate categories for men and women and age groups (40-49, 50-54, 55-59-60-64-65-69, 70-74 …etc!!)
MORE INFO CALL GREG @ 501-321-1441
The cycling events will be held Sept 20-22, 2019.
Friday, Sept 20 = 5k TT
|Packet Pickup:||Prior to your first cycling event. Numbers will also be given out, with pins, and waivers MUST be signed in person.|
|Athlete Check-In:||Athletes may check-in 45 minutes prior each event. Onsite registration will be available, until 30 minutes prior to each race start.|
|Equipment:||Cyclists must provide their own bike equipment, and most importantly are required to wear a helmet at all times while on a bike at event location.|
|Rules:||USAC rules apply. See official at event for all specific rules.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S.A. Cycling (USAC) rules. More info : (719) 434-4200 or www.usacycling.org
2. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Cycling regulations.
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. Except for the 2 new categories of “Recumbent Bikes -Faired” and “Recumbent Trikes -Faired”, there may be no protective shield, fairing or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC.
5. Handlebars used for steering with ends, features, or attachments that extend forward or upward or that provide support for other than the rider’s hands (including aero bars) are permitted only in the time trial events and not in the road race events.
6. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
7. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
8. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
9. In time trial events, no rider shall pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
10. No restarts are permitted.