NOTE: – 2020 cycling events canceled for 2020
2 Road Races (40k & 20k – hopefully) and 2 Time Trials (10k & 5k)
Note: This page was last updated August 21, 2020.
Note: This page was last updated Aug 21, 2020.
On August 19-20, 2020, our Arkansas Senior Olympic Board voted & decided to CANCEL ALL SPORTS events for our 2020 Arkansas Senior Olympic Games.
Their decision was not an easy one, but please know respectfully for YOUR SAFETY and the safety of all athletes and their families, and all volunteers, they decided to forego ALL SPORTS events in 2020. Many venues here in Arkansas are closed for large gatherings both for indoor and outdoor events, and so between Covid19 and limited venues available for our sports events, the Board voted as majority to have “NO GAMES AT ALL FOR this 2020 year.”
So, we send our best to each of you, and we encourage you to keep moving! We plan to resume our Arkansas Games in 2021, and we also look forward to seeing you here. We have already begun planning for our 2021 Games. On behalf of our Board Members, we wish that you and your family stay SAFE and stay HEALTHY & ACTIVE!!!!
Contact me anytime to tell me about your accomplishments, or to give me your feedback. As always, I am blessed to know each of you (as you are my friends) and I thank you for the opportunity to be involved with the NSGA and the Arkansas Senior Olympics.
Arkansas Senior Olympics
NOTE: If you have already registered for 2020 Games here in Arkansas, since we now have canceled all events (COVID19), then refunds will be issued back to you, minus a $10 processing fee. Example: if you paid say $45, then $35 will be refunded by Sep 30, 2020.
Contact Greg Eberdt, Executive Director, if you have questions. 501-321-1441
Venue Location: – to be announced soon, with Strava course maps.
NOTE: Arkansas Sr Olympics is proud to announce that in 2020 we will once again welcome 4 Recumbent Cycling Divisions for both men and women:
….and YES, all standard bikes are welcomed in all 4 races, with separate categories for all divisions of men and women and separated in own age groups (40-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, etc.)
MORE INFO CALL GREG @ 501-321-1441
2020 cycling event locations and times are TBD.
Friday = 5k TT – planned first rider off at approx 5:15pm
|Packet Pickup:||Prior to your first cycling event. Numbers will also be given out, with pins, and waivers MUST be signed in person.|
|Athlete Check-In:||Athletes may check-in 45 minutes prior each event. Onsite registration will be available, until 30 minutes prior to each race start.|
|Equipment:||Cyclists must provide their own bike equipment, and most importantly are required to wear a helmet at all times while on a bike at event location.|
|Rules:||USAC rules apply. See official at event for all specific rules.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S.A. Cycling (USAC) rules. More info : www.usacycling.org
2. Helmets are mandatory and must conform to USA Cycling regulations. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED WHILE ON YOUR BIKE!
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and battery powered are not permitted. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. Except for the 2 new categories of “Recumbent Bikes -Faired” and “Recumbent Trikes -Faired”, there may be no protective shield, fairing or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chain wheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USAC.
5. Handlebars used for steering with ends, features, or attachments that extend forward or upward or that provide support for other than the rider’s hands (including aero bars) are permitted only in the time trial events and not in the road race events.
6. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
7. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
8. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
9. In time trial events, no rider shall pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or 2 meters (7 feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
10. No restarts are permitted.
11. Know the course BEFORE your start all events.